Sunflower Success

My sunflowers were a last minute addition, sown on a whim after I found an old pack of seed.

Many of them met with disaster as I staked them by tying them to bamboo poles and didn’t realise that I would have to release the string as they grew.

About half a dozen simply grew and then garrotted themselves. Luckily when we noticed this we were able to stage an intervention and cut the string out of the poor strangled stems.

I didn’t really expect them to do much after my careless treatment of them. They all had scars on their stems – but look, aren’t they lovely.

They must be at least 7′, some may be taller.

From disaster, triumph.


  
  

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s