I knew exactly what I wanted to achieve. A more solid block with the same V shape at the edges in the shade bamboo.
I made the block. I even managed to get the pattern right third time.
I joined it to two other blocks.
I hated it.
All the lacy lightness I wanted for this pattern disappeared.
I decided to start the next part of my crochet pattern.
The bamboo colour was too dense. In short, it was all wrong.
So it was onto Plan B. A lot of my life seems to involve moving on to Plan B, perhaps my Plan A is never very good.
I edged the blue squares with a round of trebles, then hooked a chainy edge and after a bit of trial and error joined two squares together.
I think it’s going to work. It looks a lot lighter than Plan A and more Alhambra-ish.