Another finished blanket and to my own surprise it took just a tad over a fortnight.
I’ve certainly become faster, in 2011 it was taking me 6 months to complete a similar sized project.
I added a picot edge in lavender
Made in Stylecraft Special DK on a 3.5 hook
The colours used were
Granny squares bordered with two rows of coloured half treble crochets and a row of cream coloured half treble crochets.
The hardest part for me was assembling them as diamonds rather than squares. I don’t have very good spacial awareness and I had to keep sketching out the design on paper so I could see where I needed to add the next block.
I crocheted the squares together, mostly in lines, sometimes in blocks. Tis was because originally it was going to be assembled square, then i changed my mind.
I sewed the ends in as I went.